Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Fiber review January 6-15
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-10 09:34:11

On Jan 10, 2014, at 5:20 AM, Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 2014/1/10 Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>
>
>> And document the schedulers in a separate 'Implementation' section.
>>

> OK

May I suggest "library extension" or "customization" instead? I think it's important to allow user-supplied schedulers - e.g. the complaint about the containers used by the default scheduler implementation. Such users could, if desired, supply a scheduler with containers more to their liking.

(I must admit I was a bit floored by the remark about "slower than threads," since that completely disregards the cost of preemptive kernel context switching.)