Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Fiber review January 6-15
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-11 15:43:35

Le 11/01/14 19:48, Oliver Kowalke a écrit :
> 2014/1/11 Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>
>
>> Why do Boost.Fiber need to use Boost.Coroutine instead of using directly
>> Boost.Context?
>>
> re-using code (which is already tested etc.)
Didn't the previous version of Boost.Fiber, used Boost.Context directly?

>> It seems to me that the implementation would be more efficient if it uses
>> Boost.Context directly as a fiber is not a coroutine, isn't it?
>>
> not really because you have to do all the stuff like boost.coroutine

I have not see directly to the current implementation so I can not
argument on this, but IIRC, Boost.Context was born as the minimal
interface that allowed to build coroutines, fibers, ... on top of it.

Anyway, this is an implementation detail and only some performance
figures could guide.

Best,
Vicente