Subject: Re: [boost] [Removing support for old compilers]
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-14 05:22:07

There may be nothing to stop antique compilers users from using new features - by extracting just
the new library code from a recent download and adding to your last working Boost version.

But more and more libraries will take advantage of and require newish and especially C++11 features
- and so just won't work.

All we are saying is "no guarantees - but good luck!".

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK