Subject: Re: [boost] [git] annotated SVN synchronization for boost.test (example only)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-14 12:51:57

Definitely - this is a serious flaw with very, very many sets of instructions.

* They don't say why the next step is being taken.

* They don't say how one can tell it has worked OK.

* Or how to check that it has worked OK.

* And what to do if it hasn't.

For example, even the bootstrap process description fails this test.

(I'm still unclear what b2 headers does! - and I'm not certain I fully understand what bootstrap
does either).

I know this makes the instructions longer but IMO it's well worth it.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK