Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-15 06:04:23

2014/1/15 Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]>

> 2014/1/14 Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]>
>
> > I did a quick hack and the code using fibers is 2-3 times faster than the
> > threads.
> > boost.fiber does not contain the suggested optimizations (like replacing
> > stl containers)
> >

> Not bad! Did the tests run on Linux or Windows?

I've tested it on Linux (32bit/64bit), Windows will follow this evening.
Because the code is not optimized (memory allocations in context/coroutine
and fiber) it will
not be competitive with qthreads, tbb, hpx yet.
But this was not the main aim - the lib tries to integrate with other boost
lib and to support
new use-cases (for instance code writen like its synchronous counterpart
but using asynchronous operations).