Subject: Re: [boost] 1.56 release schedule?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-15 09:13:42

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> according to the website, the 1.56 beta was scheduled on dec 31st and
> the release date is feb 3rd ...
> maybe the release managers could update the release schedule? shifting
> the dates by a month could be realistic, or what do other people think?

It does not seem realistic to me to set the schedule until regression tests
are cycling regularly and we have had a chance to assess problems the tests
may turn up. We also have to decide exactly what goes in a release and
someone has to rewrite and test the scripts that generate the release
packaging.

--Beman