Subject: Re: [boost] 1.56 release schedule?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-15 12:54:12

> according to the website, the 1.56 beta was scheduled on dec 31st and
> the release date is feb 3rd ...
> maybe the release managers could update the release schedule? shifting
> the dates by a month could be realistic, or what do other people think?

I think more than a month: regression tests still aren't fully running which
means some of us have been holding off on merging changes to release until
they are. Even once the tests are cycling again, developers will likely
need some time to correct any issues that arise before they can release
anything, so the chances of an early release actually containing any changes
compared to 1.55 look pretty slim? So I'd suggest the beta starts at least
a month after the tests start cycling again.

Just my 2c, John.