Subject: [boost] Refactoring tools/regression and tools/release into separate sub-modules
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-17 11:25:49

The tools used by regression testers and regression reporting, and the
tools used by release managers are currently part of the boost-super
project. As we gain experience with Git and submodules, it is becoming
clear these need to be decomposed into two separate submodules. Among other
advantages, that would speed work on these tools as we could better utilize
volunteers without having to hand out excessive super-project write
permissions.

We would like one or two volunteers to do the refactoring. You don't need
to be a library maintainer or release manager, although that's fine if you
are. You do need git skills, as we do want to preserve history.

Comments?

--The release managers