Subject: Re: [boost] Volunteers needed to run regression test reporting
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-17 12:34:41

Hi Beman,

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Please volunteer to help make regression reporting more
> timely and reliable!

For a while I have been wondering about volunteering an ARM
Linux machine to run tests; please correct me if I'm wrong,
but I believe that the current testing is done on x86 and
one POWER system.

I have a box with a dual-core Cortex-A15 (Samsung Exynos 5)
and 2GB of RAM running Debian that is mostly idle. It currently
has g++ 4.6 installed. But could it successfully run the
tests in a sane period of time without choking? Has anyone
observed what the peak RAM requirement is? What is the
typical run time on an x86 system?

I do have longer term plans for this hardware so it might not
be available permanently - or it might melt - but I would be
willing to give it a try.

Are there more up-to-date instructions than those at
http://beta.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html ?
I have very limited experience with Boost.Build, Boost.Test, git
or Python so I anticipate needing some hand-holding!

Regards, Phil.