Subject: Re: [boost] [variant] Breaking change introduced by variadic support
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-19 02:14:09

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Antony Polukhin <antoshkka_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> And how about defining BOOST_VARIANT_LIMIT_TYPES to something like "To
> resolve this issue see following link [link to description of the problem
> and its possible fixes]"?

It might be possible to produce a nice error message via _Pragma that would
be inside of the macro definition when the variadic template implementation
is used, or at least a nice note during compilation. My initial experiments
with that haven't led to anything worthwhile that is better than simply
defining it to a string literal. Just throwing it out there as a possible
direction for anyone who might have some ideas.

--
-Matt Calabrese