Subject: Re: [boost] Call for Review: Boost.Test documentation rewrite
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-20 14:48:00

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<561059F5-FA00-4F37-87AD-22C04C4C8DAC_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>It sounds to me as if you both want useful documentation for Boost.Test,
>and have been willing to cooperate. Gennadiy has expressed ongoing
>interest in collaborating on documentation for the new APIs. Richard, if
>you're still interested in helping, can you agree to help on the new
>version? If not, Gennadiy's idea to link to your docs for the old, soon
>to be deprecated, interface seems appropriate.

I was told that the documentation can be updated at any time and isn't
tied to a particular release, unlike features.

I don't understand why we can't update the documentation *now*, make
things better *now*, and get on with incremental improvements after
that.

The documentation for this library has a long history of not being
updated promptly and new features lagging for a long time.

Why can't we simply make things better immediately and then look at
anything that is new?

Why do we have to wait?

Forcing a delay in adopting what has already been done in order to document
new features doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>