Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] How do you interpret the SHA1revision(outdated results)?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-24 04:35:28

> TortoiseGit:
>
> Select TortoiseGit from the Windows Explorer right-click drop-down menu
> for
> the Boost tree directory, select "Show log" from the TortoiseGit
> drop-down,
> and copy the SHA-1 (or part of the SHA-a) into the Filter box (with the
> little magnifying glass icon). If you get only a single "Working dir
> changes" entry with a SHA of all zeros, it means the SHA you entered
> wasn't
> found.

That doesn't really help: all it shows you is the automated commit in the
super project that that hash refers to, it tells you nothing about which
version the particular sub-libraries are on. Ah wait... right click and
"Browse repository" gives you a view of the repro * at that commit*, you can
then drill down to the library(s) of interest and right click and select
"Show log" to get the information you need.

OK, that's almost useable. Now we just need to sort out why Marshall's
results run on the master branch are showing up for develop?

Thanks, John.