Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Looking for co-developer/maintainer
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-24 07:32:03

This isn't just a two-sides issue. There are also a lot of Boost users and developers who have been
unhappy with Boost.Test documentation, evolution, and maintenance for over about a decade.

It is clear to me that Gennadiy is not willing to cooperate with anyone. I'd have sympathy with a
'too many cooks spoil the broth' view if he was maintaining the library well, but ...

This is why I think that a fork *is* now a good idea at this time for two reasons:

1 It will minimize the disruption to testing that any changes to Boost.Test inevitably risks.

2 I'd like to see a much simpler faster lighter-weight header-only version of Boost.Test with a
different name and a different maintenance *team*.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK