Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] preprocess target pull request
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-25 08:59:51

> On 23/01/14 03:38, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
> > On 21/01/2014 07:56 p.m., Eric Niebler wrote:
> >> https://github.com/boostorg/fusion/pull/1
> >>
> >> I'm not sure who gets notified of pull requests, if anybody. Sending
> >> mail for good measure.
> >>

> > I've tried to regenerate preprocessed headers, but I get the following
> > error:
> >
> > error: Unable to find file or target named
> > error: '/boost/libs/wave/tool//wave'
> > error: referred to from project at
> > error: '.'
> > error: could not resolve project reference '/boost/libs/wave/tool'
> >
> > From looking at the jam file, I'm not entirely sure how is it
> > supposed to find Wave. When I build wave, for some reason it ends up
> > at "/libs/dist/bin/wave.exe".
>
> I have the same problem. Something wrong has apparently happened to the
> build rules of wave.
> It used to be in dist/bin/wave, not libs/dist/bin/wave.
> Moreover it appears the RPATH is incorrect. I had to manually fix this.
>
> In any case, to run wave in my project I personally use the following
> CMake code:
> <https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/blob/master/cmake/nt2.preprocess.cmake>
> Example of usage here:
> <https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2/blob/master/modules/boost/simd/base/src/
> CMakeLists.txt>
> It only works with GCC/Clang, but it's fully correct and has no hardcoded
> stuff that needs to be changed by whoever needs to use it.
>
> What it does is that it asks GCC what its system include directories are
> and what its basic predefined macros are, and also uses the include
> directories currently set up to be used for the project you're building.
>
> I have found all those steps to be necessary in order to be able to run
> wave on arbitrary C++ code.

During the transition to git somebody decided to move the wave tool from the
tools directory to the libs/wave directory without properly fixing the build
system. However I don't know enough about this to fix it. I'd appreciate any
help I could get on this.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu