Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-01 14:19:43

On 02/01/2014 03:47 PM, Utsav Tiwary wrote:
> Does it involve the use of parallel programming ? If not, is doing it a
> good idea ?

There was a GSOC last year about parallelization of odeint with MPI and
OpenMP [1]. I think it was successful, although the code has not yet
been merged into the odeint trunk. Parallelization with GPUs already
works with the help of Thrust, VexCL or ViennaCL.

odeint is a library devoted to solve the initial value problem of ODEs.
I think building shooting methods for boundary value problems on top of
odeint would be a good idea. And we also would like to mentor a GSOC
project about implicit methods in odeint. There are extremely important
to solve PDEs.

[1] https://github.com/BoostGSoC/odeint-v2