Subject: [boost] GSoC Hypergeometric functions (Pratyaksh Sharma)
From: Pratyaksh Sharma (psharma1707_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-03 12:29:23

Hello

I'm interested in the Boost.Math Generalized Hyper geometric Functions
project. Can anyone give some pointers on where to begin?
I have sufficient experience with hypergeometric functions, but don't know
exactly how to contribute to Boost.

Just to start the discussion: Does everyone agree that a variety of methods
need to employed for calculating the functions for different ranges of
parameters? I'm familiar with methods that utilize the Gauss-Jacobi
quadrature to solve the differential equation of concern, and also the
Taylor series methods for smaller values of |a| and |z|. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Pratyaksh