Subject: Re: [boost] SQL: next iteration of sqlpp11
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-04 04:53:36

Roland Bock <rbock_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On 2014-02-03 17:21, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>> Roland Bock <rbock_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Dear boosters,
>>>
>>> after the lively discussion about sqlpp11 in November 2013
>>> (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/11/208388.php), sqlpp11 has
>>> evolved quite a bit and I want to give you an update.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11
>> snip
>>
>>> auto i = insert_into(tab).columns(tab.alpha, tab.beta);
>>>
>>> //Then you add values (one or more times):
>>> i.values(tab.alpha = 7, tab.beta = "seven");
>>>
>>> // Then you run the insert
>>> db.run(i);
>> Just a thought: why not `operator()` instead of `run`, making the db a
>> callable?
>>
>> Alex
> In addition to .run() there is also .prepare() which prepares a
> statement for later and possibly repeated execution possibly with
> parameters. The arguments for .run() and .prepare() are the same.

Those other methods do non-'run-like' stuff so need custom names, but
we already have an accepted name in C++ for methods that might otherwise
be called 'run', 'execute', 'do', 'call', 'perform', 'invoke', etc.
That name is 'operator()'.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)