Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] [testing] More failed test results with no meaningful content
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-06 15:14:42

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Thursday 06 February 2014 13:56:19 Rene Rivera wrote:
> > > Is bandwidth really the problem?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > Can't we just compress the output in scripts
> > > before uploading?
> >
> > We already do.
> >
> > > The text should be quite well compressible.
> >
> > The problem is that the output is so large for some compilers that it
> > overflows the compression programs capabilities to generate an archive
> that
> > can contain the data.. We are talking of compressing multi-gig results
> > because of multi-gigs of compiler outputs.
>
> I see. Out of curiosity, what compression programs are those?

7za or zip in that preference order.

Maybe it's possible to build and compress the results in parts, e.g. a
> single
> archive per library per compiler?

IIRC, the case that prompted the limits some days ago was for *one*
compiler generating that much output. And, no, we can't currently limit it
per library.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything