Subject: Re: [boost] Where is boost/detail/limits.hpp used?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-10 10:06:28

On 2/10/2014 8:17 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> I'm playing with a dependency checker I wrote that tells me what Boost
> module depends on what. Starting with the basics:
>
> Dependencies for config:
>
> detail:
> boost/detail/endian.hpp
>
> A dependency from config to detail is not a good thing because detail
> depends on too much.

The 'boost/detail' really isn't a library as it is just a number of
individual header files none of which belong to any particular library.
So thinking about what 'boost/detail' as a whole depends on does not
seem worthwhile.

> boost/detail/endian.hpp is now only a forwarding header to predef, so it
> could and probably should be moved to predef, which seems to depend on
> nothing.

OK.

> But I was wondering what in config uses endian.hpp. Turns out the only
> use is in boost/detail/limits.hpp, a file that has been put into config
> for some reason.

I don't see where endian.hpp is being included by limits.hpp.

> I can't find anything in config or in Boost that uses
> this file. What is its purpose?

John or Dave should know. Hopefully one of them will answer that.