Subject: Re: [boost] Refactoring tools/regression and tools/release into separate sub-modules
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-14 00:49:43

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM, Ahmed Charles <acharles_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:05:52 -0600
> > From: grafikrobot_at_[hidden]
> > To: boost_at_[hidden]
> > Subject: Re: [boost] Refactoring tools/regression and tools/release into
> separate sub-modules
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM, Ahmed Charles <acharles_at_[hidden]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I just finished, so the new regression repo is at:
> >> https://github.com/boostorg/regression
> >>
> >> Let me know if you have any questions.
> >>

> > Many thanks for the work. I'll start making changes to adjust to the new
> > location.
>
> You're welcome.
>
> At what point should the code (for both regression and release) be removed
> from the superproject (or possibly have it changed to being a submodule)?

For "release" it can be removed at any time. For "regression" we need to
wait until all the changes to work with the separate repo are working and
propagated to all the testers. That is likely to take a week, at least. I'm
hoping I can get the regression scripts working as an independent project,
and hence not need to be added to the super-project at all.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything