Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc14] About "Boost.Functional / Monads"
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-16 18:36:17

Le 16/02/14 09:43, Manasij Mukherjee a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
Hi,
> I am interested in working on the Monad idea posted on the project ideas
> page.
> I have some academic experience with functional languages like SML and
> Haskell and find monads interesting.
> Should I come up with some proof of concept code to show how I'd design it
> before submitting a proposal when it is time?
Have you take a look at the implementation in the pointed C++ Monads
article [1]?
I have nothing against you start your own POC but having a good
knowledge of the pointed implementation will help.
A clear project would also be useful.
> Or would it be preferrable to follow boost style (which I do not have much
> idea about) from before starting? In that case, I'd like some pointers to
> boost code implementing similar stuff.

Been familiar with Boost style and tools is a must. Maybe some libraries
using tag-dispatching could help, but the pointed implementation has a
good style, that even if it doesn't follows Boost naming rules, it is
quite elegant.

HTH,
Vicente

[1] https://github.com/splinterofchaos/Pure