Subject: Re: [boost] [sync] Included file not found
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-16 22:14:44

Edward Diener wrote:
> When I build boost libraries from the top with the latest modular-boost
> master with MingW/gcc-4.8.1 on Window I get thi error in sync:
>
> In file included from libs\sync\src\tss_windows_pe.cpp:9:0:
> ./boost/sync/detail/config.hpp:32:42: fatal error:
> boost/detail/winapi/config.hpp: No such file or directory
> #include <boost/detail/winapi/config.hpp>

'sync' is only in develop and not in master (because it was only in trunk
before the transition). However if you checkout develop, then checkout
master, the contents of the directory libs/sync remain, even though master
has no submodule there. The full build then probably enumerates and builds
everything in libs, so it tries to build sync, and fails because the above
header is - I presume - only in develop.

sync probably needs to be added as a submodule to master as well.