Subject: Re: [boost] [move] [range] move algorithm (was: interest: the pass-by-value...)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-18 12:16:54

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 02/15/2014 02:17 PM, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>> There is already boost::move_iterator in Boost.Move
> Please make sure that move iterators and ranges are Input and not
> anything else, regardless of what the standard says. The standard is
> dangerously wrong in this regard.

Thanks for the advice. It's because the user might by mistake go through
some elements more than once which would result in some number of moves
from the same element or do you have something more surprising in mind?
Unfortunately the boost::move_iterator follows the standard here. And
since it's already in Boost it probably shouldn't be changed to ensure
backward compatibility. We could of course implement different one and
use it in Boost.Range but I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Should we
have two different move_iterators in Boost?

Regards,
Adam