Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] [ B-tree + Trie ]
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-19 01:45:34

> Hello,
>
> I am a second year BS student at Politehnica University of Bucharest and I
> am interested in contributing to boost during GSoC 2014. I would like to
> work at implementing the B-Tree data structure and continuing the work at
> the Trie data structure implemented in last year's gsoc

Hi,

Me and Niall were mentoring the Trie project during GSOC2013. After GSOC
library is still not 100% ready for inclusion in Boost: it requires rvalues
support, stronger exception guarantees, much better performance and memory
consumption optimizations. Sources of GSOC2013 could be found here:
https://github.com/BoostGSoC/boost.trie

Also take a look at the discussion at thread "[boost] Prefix Trie":

If you wish to work on Boost.Trie then you must know, that during this GSOC
library must be finished and ready for inclusion into Boost. This will
require a lot of work and good knowledge of C++.

Take a closer look to the sources, read some docs about the tries and write
back if you fell confident. In your letter write down a list of issues that
must be fixed in current implementation. For example:

* boost.trie/boost/trie/trie.hpp line 26: template parameter Comapre is not
used by the structure and could be removed to simplify code and avoid
binary size growth
* boost.trie/boost/trie/trie.hpp line 38: Specialization for some `void`
Value type is required to reduce memory usage in trie_set
* boost.trie/boost/trie/trie.hpp line 52: missing move constructor

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin