Subject: [boost] Boost.Odeint GSoc 2014
From: Animesh Gaitonde (animesh3436_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-23 16:38:22

Hi everyone ,
I am Animesh Gaitonde , 4th year student from Bits-Pilani,India.My major is
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering and I am interested in
contributing to Boost during GSoC 2014.I have gone through the different
GSoC projects and idea's on Boost' C++ Libraries' homepage for the Summer
of Code(SoC).
I found the numerical library Boost.Odeint interesting.I have completed a
course on Numerical Analysis and also used Boost.Odeint for algorithmic
assignments.Moreover,I have been using C++ for around 3 years and I am
familiar with STL and to some extent with numerical algorithms.
I have gone through the documentation of Odeint and learnt about its
structure.I solved a few examples and used different explicit Steppers for
solving the ODE's.Currently since Odeint supports only explicit methods it
would be better to expand it by adding implicit routines and also to make
the existing implicit methods(Euler and Rosenbrock) independent of
Boost.uBlas to have greater flexibility.I am learning about the different
numeric algorithms for solving ODE's,their implementation in Odeint and
along with it solving the ordinary differential equations whose solution
cannot be determined analytically.
I would like to get in touch with Mario Mulansky or Karsten Ahnert , the
mentors for this project to provide me with further pointers for developing
the proposal and any tasks which they would like to give me so that I get
familiar with Odeint.

Regards
Animesh Gaitonde
4th year Undergraduate