Subject: Re: [boost] JSON Parsing Library for GSoC 14
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-28 04:51:01

yes, I do agree. JSON is not new any more and many good solutions exists
even in Boost. I'd rather see something where you can define tags and their
structure and have a compile-time solution providing the smallest parser
possible.

Maybe something like a string data packets parsing library would be great
too, where you could either define tags in text format or simply bit fields
or byte fields. I'm dreaming a little bit.

So for any "not-too-complex" format, you'll be able to define a simple
parser with functions being triggered any time you meet a tag or recognize
a field. Boost.function, boost.signals2 etc would help.

Maybe a Boost.Streamdecode library would be great. It's a standard problem.
Or a Boost.ParseTags library...

My 2 cents,
David