Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Http Server Proposal
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-01 06:46:44

On 28 Feb 2014 at 22:06, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira wrote:

> I'm interested in develop an asynchronous HTTP server for Boost as part
> of GSoC.
>
> I would implement such library on top of Boost ASIO and I'd include

For something as "chunky" as as a HTTP server, you might consider
using proposed Boost.AFIO which itself is built atop Boost.ASIO. AFIO
will take care of the asynchronous file access for you plus it's far
quicker at file access on Windows than the Win32 API is, plus the
batch facilities would make implementing HTTP pipelining far easier.
You would still have a lot of work remaining e.g. session
persistence, but it wouldn't be as hard.

Algorithmically an async HTTP server is not challenging. Look into
Python's Twisted. Do what they do.

Disclaimer: I designed proposed Boost.AFIO.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/