Subject: Re: [boost] [Re] [Re] JSON Parsing Library for GSoC 14
From: Ganesh Prasad (sir.gnsp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-01 12:39:25

Yeah, the parser generator can be easily implemented using Boost.spirit.qi
. So, implementing that would not be much for GSoC. But I have another (a
bit complex) idea in this field.

Rather than writing a tool to generate tag based DSEL parsers, I can work
on one abstraction level up... A tool to generate formal grammars
themselves. Why not a library that would take Two level Grammar (Ex : Van
Wijngaarden Grammar ) and build parser for the resulting CFG ...

It's established that two level grammars are more powerful than single
level CFGs and that two level grammars are Turing Complete themselves. So,
if we can just implement them in a proper way (maybe I am day dreaming), we
might end up with something like the discovery of metaprogramming. I
daresay, this dream of mine is feasible, but right now, vague. Provided
with some intellectual help, I may come up with a design for such a library
in a matter of days.

Best wishes
Ganesh Prasad