Subject: [boost] testing potential GSOC students
From: David Bellot (david.bellot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-01 14:35:49

Hi Boost mentors,

I'd like to know how you test your potential students to see if they have a
sufficient level in C++. It's totally different than doing a C++ interview,
because they have plenty of time to answer questions and they can use help
from google or any other source.

For Boost.uBLAS, I ask them to write a little vector library (vector in the
sense of linear algebra) using expression templates. It's the bare minimum
they have to know. I ask different features to each student. They we talk
about their code and I ask them to modify it to introduce new features for
example.

And you ?

Best regards,
David