Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Http Server Proposal
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-03 02:20:36

Hi Vinícius,

Perhaps it's not bad to look at what Artyom Beilis does with cppcms :  [http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/main
](http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/main)And others things like [https://github.com/metagoto/fcgixx](https://github.com/metagoto/fcgixx).

And considering http, it could perhaps be valuable to look at SPDY / HTTP 2.0, because even if it will be as compatible as possible with HTTP 1.1 I believe that features like server push transactions should be taken into account in your library API. As you spoke about websockets you should have thought to something similar.

You spoke about embedded, having facilities or an API which abstracts protocols like CoAP translation from/to HTTP would also be nice in my opinion.

Cheers,
--
Damien Buhl

Em Sáb, 2014-03-01 às 11:46 +0000, Niall Douglas escreveu:

> Algorithmically an async HTTP server is not challenging.

 Yes, I know that. The most challenging part in a HTTP server (in my
 opinion) is the interface, not event the implementation. That's why I'm
 considering WebSocket support too, but I have to investigate further
 about the full scope of the proposal.

> Look into
> Python's Twisted. Do what they do.

 I studied several web solutions to serve as inspiration, but I haven't
 checked Python's Twisted or Boost.AFIO.

 I'll surely check them now. Thanks for pointing me them out. It may
 improve my proposal already.
 :)

> Disclaimer: I designed proposed Boost.AFIO.

 Then I know who I shall bug for questions.
 :)

 --
 Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
 https://about.me/vinipsmaker