Subject: Re: [boost] [testing][teeks99] Missing headers in boost checkout
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 08:06:45

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 2:05 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Monday 24 February 2014 11:55:59 Tom Kent wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Andrey Semashev
>>
>> <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm seeing test compilation errors saying that some headers are missing.
>> > For example:
>> >
>> > http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/teeks99-01
>> > a-win2008-64on64-boost-bin-v2-libs-log-test-attr_attribute_value_impl-test
>> > -msvc-11-0-debug-threading-multi.html
>> >
>> > says that boost/smart_ptr/intrusive_ptr.hpp does not exist. There are
>> > other
>> > missing headers. The tester is teeks99-01a-win2008-64on64. Is this a known
>> > problem?
>>
>> I brought it up last week on the testing list. I think it is somehow
>> related to symlinks being generated for the headers. I'm going to try
>> removing everything from that directory and trying a fresh run.
>
> Apparently, that helped, thanks. At least teeks99-01a-win2008-64on64 is all
> green now. But all teeks99-02* testers exhibit the same problem.

The --force-update didn't do anything. Turning it off didn't change any results.

I tried removing the headers' directory (boost_root/boost) between
each run, but that did not help.

Finally, I had to simply delete the entire boost_root repository from
each of my runs, that seems to have helped.

Unfortunately, it would be bandwidth prohibitive to re-clone the repo
each run, so I have a master copy of the repo that I am copying down
into each run directory before the run. Not an idea situation, but
because of the way the submodules are setup, I can't do local clones
:-(

I'm worried that the process of bootstrapping boost (and doing a
regression run) hasn't been thoroughly tested on windows and the
problems I was seeing might come back to bite us in the future. If
people think they are getting an updated copy, but it has issues,
that's not a good situation.

Tom