Subject: Re: [boost] [Graph] [GSoC-2014] A new Graph Generator library for GSoC 14
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 14:53:19

On 03/02/2014 04:34 AM, Khaled Ammar wrote:
> Hi every one,
>
> I would like to propose an idea for GSoC. boost has only R-Mat graph
> generator which is not flexible and does not preserve real graph
> properties. There is another graph generator called RTG which is developed
> by the same professor (as R-Mat) in CMU. The generator is available on
> Matlab only but I developed it in C++ and successfully generated graphs
> with tera edges.
> I also added a few more functionality to it and added some flexibility in
> my paper recently accepted in a BigData Benchmark workshop.
>
> I would like to make this code available for the graph library in boost.
> Would anyone endorse this project?

I would think there should be some interest in this. I am not sure why
there is no response on the list. I added [Graph] [GSoC-2014] to your
header to see if that catches more attention.

According to http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/
Boost.Graph author was Jeremy Siek and a University of Notre Dame team;
It is now maintained by Andrew Sutton and Jeremiah Willcock. They would
most likely be the natural people to discuss this with. It may help if
you can post links to or attach any project information, source code and
test result, and a draft proposal for GSoC.

As far as GSoC I think you a written proposal and a mentor that can take
on the task. I do not know if a mentor is available for this proposal.
You probably should check that first. If you have not already done so,
check out
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014#Potentialmentorsinsomegeneraltopicorfield

HTH

--