Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.odeint project for GSoC 2014
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 16:19:17

Hi,

On 04.03.2014 21:29, Camille GILLOT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Camille Gillot. I am a student in French Ecole d'ingenieurs Ecole
> Polytechnique. I have been programming in C++ for a couple years now, and I
> would like to take part in boost development through GSoC this summer.
>
> I have taken a deep look on the GSoC proposals on boost trac, and I am very
> interested in working on the boost.odeint or the funtional/'invoke' project.
> May I have deeper informations on the expected work ?

for Boost.odeint we want to implement implict methods which require to
solve linear systems. I think a good starting point would be to study
the documentation of odeint and to familarize with the use cases of the
library. The next step is to have a look into the code of odeint and to
think about possible ways to abstract and implement implicit methods. Of
course a knowledge about the methods itself is necessary. Finally you
need to write an application for the GSOC with a detailed working plan
which is reviewed by the according mentors.

Maybe you can also write a few words about your programming skills.
odeint is a heavily templatized library and a deep knowledge of the C++
template system and template patterns is a must.

Best regards,

Karsten