Subject: Re: [boost] Multi-methods and type switch
From: Camille GILLOT (k1000.jlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-06 06:51:41

Actually, I have used this paper for the dispatch table generation.
I also used the table compression method from [2].

[2] "Fast Algorithms for Compressed Multi-Method Dispatch Tables Generation" by Dujardin, Amiel, Simon

For now, the library works as follows :
- classes to be used must inherit a CRTP class defining the small integer tag
- multimethods are declared out of class
- multimethods definitions may be spread across several compilation units
- at first call to the multimethod, the dispatch table is computed using the algorithms from [1] and [2]
- subsequent calls use the memorized table

Do you think this code may reach interest for inclusion in boost ?
Of course, I plan to support multiple inheritance before any submission.

Best regards,

Camille Gillot