Subject: [boost] [Boost.Thread][GSoC] Boost.Thread executors proposal
From: Ian Forbes (ian.forbes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-12 23:59:16

Hi,

Here is my GSoC proposal for working on the scheduled executors classes. It can be found here: www.cs.mcgill.ca/~iforbe/

This proposal mainly deals with the implementation of classes extending the `scheduled_executor` interface. I have already written thread pool implementations with very similar functionality to the ones proposed.

I feel that the current proposal could use a little bit of touching up so please feel free to leave comments/criticisms.

I would also be willing to take on any other work related to executors such the the dynamic/work-stealing thread pool implementation or the parallel algorithms library and add it into my proposal.

Thank,
Ian