Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Jamfile in repository
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 16:51:30

AMDG

On 03/20/2014 01:32 PM, Karsten Ahnert wrote:

> can we put a Jamfile and/or a Jamroot in git repository of a boost
> library? We develop odeint in a separate github repository and we have a
> Jamroot there to build the library without the boost super-project. To
> merge our changes into the official boost odeint repository we want to
> pull from the development repository. I am a bit afraid that this
> Jamfile/Jamroot might disturb the build process of boost.

A Jamfile shouldn't cause any problems. Jamroot could
cause a problem if you had a compiled library. (it
would prevent you from inheriting the library name
mangling code from Boost's Jamroot.) It also means
that you'll need to do extra work to make sure that
the <include>s are set correctly.
<implicit-dependency>/boost//headers should work
as long as you make sure that the Boost Jamroot
is loaded.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe