Subject: Re: [boost] 1.56 release
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-21 08:41:32

On Friday 21 March 2014 11:43:15 Daniel James wrote:
> On 13 March 2014 18:44, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Mar 12, 2014, at 1:59 PM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The last message about the release schedule was (if I see it correctly)
> >
> > at January 15, and the calendar is empty.
> >
> > > Is there more news about the release planning? I'm especially interested
> >
> > in the planning for the 1.56 release.
> >
> > This is what I'm thinking about:
> > Mar 24 master closed for breaking changes.
> > April 7 master closed, except by permission
> > April 10 build beta 1 RC
> > April 14 release Beta 1, reopen master
> > April 28 master closed, except by permission
> > May 1st build RC
> > May 5th release 1.56.0
>
> Are we going to do this? Since we haven't got the new branching structure
> in place, I could stop automatically updating the master branch of the
> super project on Monday, or perhaps on April 7th.

It may be a little premature but may I ask to automatically create a tag in
all submodules for the revision that went into the release? I know there will
be a tag in the superproject, but it's kind of inconvenient to use if I just
want to know the state of my particular library that went into the release.