Subject: Re: [boost] [align] [review] Pre-review comments
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-29 19:15:26

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I saw the announcement of the review and decided
> to take a look at the library today.

Steven, thank you!

I've made changes to the documentation, source, and tests based on
your feedback. Commit: 01eed9a222

Regarding the non-explicit constructor: I made it explicit after your
review; I had originally made it non-explicit for similarity with the
interface of scoped_allocator_adaptor.

Regarding the support for C++11 allocators whose 'pointer' type is a
smart pointer: While aligned_allocator_adaptor exposes only raw
pointers, it should be well-defined with allocators who expose smart
pointers (it would keep the smart pointer object alive post allocate
(in the bytes preceding the pointer returned) until deallocate. I
updated the wording in the documentation to better convey this.

Source:
  https://github.com/glenfe/align

Documentation:
  http://glenfe.github.io/align

Again, very grateful for the early review.

Glen