Subject: [boost] Network change of the Boost main web/mail server (wowbagger)
From: Kim, DongInn (dikim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-04 09:49:36

Dear All,

The boost server machine (wowbagger.crest.iu.edu) is requested to change its subnet and I am planning to switch its IP address for the change of the subnet.

I have arranged the schedule to update the DNS information of the following hostnames in wowbagger.
- www.boost.org
- svn.boost.org
- lists.boost.org
- boostcon.boost.org
- beta.boost.org
- www.boostcon.org
- wiki.boost.org

The IP transition date and time:
April 07, 2014
6:00am-7:00am Pacific US time
7:00am-8:00am Mountain US time
8:00am-9:00am Central US time
9:00am-10:00am Eastern US time
1:00pm-2:00pm GMT

The list of services that may not be available:
- Web services:
www.boost.org
svn.boost.org
lists.boost.org

- Mail services including mailing lists:
boost_at_[hidden]
boost-users_at_[hidden]

- Subversion
svn.boost.org

The old IP address: 129.79.13.33
The new IP address: 129.79.39.203

I have already prepared the IP transition on wowbagger to make the new IP address provide the same services on it so that I hope that there is no actual outage of the services other than the rebooting time.

If you happened to use the IP address on your cronjob or programs, please make sure that you switch it with the new one.

IMPORTANT
wowbagger will need to reboot to kick in a new kernel and mount the NFS space with the new IP address at the same time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this IP transition.

Regards,

--
- DongInn