Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Near future.. How do we deal with git-native libraries?
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-05 16:55:41

> Sort out what how we're going to import odeint from your git repo into boost's.
>
>> Should I try to apply the above
>> procedure for creating the branch to the boostorg/odeint repo?
>
> Not yet, the problem is that you're currently using a different
> repository layout to the boost submodules. It's up to you how you want
> to approach that, if you're happy to change the module layout then
> that's simplest for us. But if that's a problem we'll have to work out
> another way.

Sorry for the late reply. I was not able to work on this during the last
weeks until now.

I have made now the necessary changes in the repository layout for
boost. At least in a testing branch. I have also merged this changes
into a testing branch of the official boost repo of odeint. I added our
library as a remote (odeint_root) and did

git reset --hard odeint_root/boost_integ

This "destroys" the history. But I think in this case this is not so
bad, since the real history is in the github version instead of the
boost version. It seems to work for me. At least all tests are running.

How do we proceed now? I could merge the changes into the develop
branch. Are the regression tests running somewhere, such that I could
check that my changes are really ok?