Subject: [boost] phoenix bind vs boost bind?
From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-07 13:56:13

First of all, I'm using boost 1.55.0 on MSVC9.

I've been using boost::phoenix in various places in my code base for
easier usage of std::for_each and friends. However, I do not create
lazy functions for a lot of the functions I bind to because they are
only needed in one place most of the time.

As a result, I use boost::phoenix::bind the same as I'd use
boost::bind(). However I have read in various places that boost::bind
is being deprecated. I'm not sure if there is truth to this, but is
there a reason to choose one over the other? Is phx::bind() basically
an "upgrade" to boost::bind?

If I intermingle them, I have a lot of issues out of placeholder
ambiguities that results in more boilerplate code (i.e. using
boost::phoenix::placeholders::_1 everywhere).

Any tips? I haven't used boost in a few years so I just want to make
sure I'm not using it incorrectly. Thanks in advance.