Subject: Re: [boost] [context] Don't hard-code the assembler
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-08 03:16:50

> I am no expert when it comes to assembler variations, but I'd rather not
> have to have a dependency on MS tools. VC++ et al being the "standard
> tools on the platform" is part of the problem, not something to be
> encouraged.

would burden to provide an implementation for each toolset out there (with
its own assembler syntax) on my shoulders - and I can imagine that I'll get
emails like "... my toolset on this platform with this OS is very important
- why are you so lazy not to provide an implementation for it? you must do
it immediately ..." - even if I don't have the architecture/OS at home nore
documenation or any information at my hand.