Subject: [boost] [BoostDocs] Need help with getting started with BoostDocs
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-11 10:33:10

Hi Everyone,
Perhaps someone in this list can help me generate html documentation from
qbk sources.

I am using MinGW on Windows and try to build the docs. I use the
instructions form the following links.

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/doc/html/quickbook/install.html#quickbook.install.windows

I am not sure if they are up to date. I downloaded all the necessary
components, and when I try to run b2 on my doc folder, I get the following
error messages:

runtime error: file
> file:///C:/_data/cpp/optional/boptional/quickbook/docbook-xsl/html/chunkfast.xsl
> line 23 element variable
> Recursive definition of chunks
> runtime error: file
> file:///C:/_data/cpp/optional/boptional/quickbook/docbook-xsl/html/chunkfast.xsl
> line 32 element variable
> Variable 'chunks' has not been declared.
> xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
> runtime error: file
> file:///C:/_data/cpp/optional/boptional/quickbook/docbook-xsl/html/chunkfast.xsl
> line 32 element variable
> Failed to evaluate the expression of variable 'div'.

I am not sure exactly where they are coming from. But they look like an
error from the tool, rather than my qbk sources. Perhaps anyone here
experienced a similar problem and knows a solution? Or perhaps there is a
newer version of the instructions?

Regards,
&rzej