Subject: Re: [boost] [math] & [random] distribution object compatibility
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-14 13:46:02

Indeed - but the requirements are quite different.

Boost.Math aims to be accurate (and with extension to use Boost.Multiprecision
and <cstdfloat> , very, very accurate).

Boost.Random must be very fast, but need not be accurate - indeed it may be
rather inaccurate?

So I doubt if changing either is a good idea.

(And anyway they are by different authors developed at different times - so NIH
probably applies).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow