Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Align review begins today
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-20 14:52:31

On 04/12/2014 05:48 AM, Ahmed Charles wrote:

> Please always state in your review whether you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library.

This library should be unconditionally accepted.

> - What is your evaluation of the design?

Good design. Good compliance/integration with std.

Good quality.

Use Boost.Predef to check for pre-defined macros.

The documentation of the examples is too meager. Please add a
description of the purpose of each example, so that people can assess
if the example is relevant to them before they start deciphering the
code.

> - What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

Alignment is a recurring task, so the library is useful.

> - Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have any problems?

No.

> - How much effort did you put into your evaluation? A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?

I have spent a couple of hours in total looking at the code and the
documentation.

> - Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

Adequately.