Subject: [boost] [GSoC, MPL11] Community probe
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-22 10:09:43

Dear Boost,

As a follow-up to [1], I am probing the community to help clarify what
are your needs/expectations with respect to a new TMP library. Your
involvement is important as it will help direct my work on an eventual
successor to the MPL (in consultation with my mentor, Joel Falcou).

I expect this to be the first of a series of probes to the community. This
one focuses on backward compatibility with the MPL.

                        COMMUNITY PROBE
                        ---------------
Please comment on how you would like to see the following points addressed
by a new TMP library:

    (1) Backward compatibility with the MPL. Should it be a swap-in
        replacement? Is it enough to have an easy way to interoperate
        between both libraries (think Fusion/MPL interoperation)?.

    (2) Learning curve for users coming from the MPL. How important is it
        for you to be able to reuse your knowledge of the MPL (not of TMP,
        but of the MPL itself)?.

Please get involved by posting constructive material.

Regards,
Louis Dionne

PS: As I expect this to be the first of a couple of community-wide probes,
is there a preferred way to do these (on the ML or elsewhere)?

PPS: If the thread gets very active, I might be slow to answer. I'm spread
between this and my finals.

[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/250424