Subject: Re: [boost] [utility] Pull request: Use an unsigned type as an intermediate result instead of left shifting a negative integral constant
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-22 16:56:36

On 22 April 2014 06:26, Nathan Crookston <nathan.crookston_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ben Pope wrote:

>>> Ping
>>

>> Nobody?
>
> +1. I have no ability to commit this, but the change looks reasonable.

IMO a better fix would be to convert the static asserts to run time
asserts. Maybe I'm missing something as I don't understand why a
complicated template implementation is needed here.

> Unfortunately, from the history [1] it looks like those who have done
> most with this file have been relatively quiet recently.
>
> Hopefully you'll attract the attention of someone with commit privileges.

Normally for utility it's best to make it clear which part of utility
a change touches so that an appropriate person can pick it up.
Although in this case, it looks like the test is for a header in
detail, so it's in the wrong module.