Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] A C++11 enabled TMP library (accepted)
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-23 10:37:40

Abel Sinkovics <abel <at> elte.hu> writes:

[...]

> Lazy code is compact and readable, but be careful with its impact on
> compilation speed and memory usage. It might significantly increase the
> number of template instantiations you need to make. (See "Boosting MPL
> with Haskell elements" from last year's C++Now for further details).

Thanks for the heads up. Laziness is of course undesirable for inherently
strict algorithms. In particular, numeric metafunctions should probably be
strict; I'm planning to use a constexpr-based implementation for those.

As for sequence algorithms, I'm currently benchmarking several different
solutions to try and see what's the best alternative.

Regards,
Louis