Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [typeindex v3.0] Peer review begins Mon 21st ends Wed 30th
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-25 04:22:52

> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:26 AM, Klaim - Joël Lamotte
> <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Niall Douglas <
> s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>wrote:
> > I was wondering though:
> > - what is the behaviours of pretty_name() when the type is in namespaces
> > (there are no example of this);
> > - what is the behaviours of pretty_name() when the type is in an
> anonymous
> > namespace?
>
> I had similar questions reading the doc as well.
>
> Or the name of a template full specialization?
>
> But what bothered me a little was the note about the fact that
> pretty_name() was not consistent across platforms/compilers.

Unfortunately this definitely won't be fixed in nearest releases. Making a
generic solution will consume too much time for each compiler and anyway
there's no portable way of doing so for anonymous namespaces.

There is a an ability to make your own type_indexes, so this could be fixed
by user manually.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin