Subject: Re: [boost] Request for comments on break up ‘Application’ into 2 libraries.
From: Alexey Tkachenko (iskaspb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-30 01:45:50

Hi Renato,
Although plugin support is useful feature but it will raise many questions. I agree it would be better to strip Application from auxiliary features because not every application requires it (and it will be easier to go through review and approval process). Later when people will start using the library (and find new use cases) you can add new features naturally. There is no need for separate "boos::shared_library" or "boost::plugin" - eventually it will be extension of boost::application.

Regards,
Alexey.